The TRT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire

Go down 
+6
_spunk_
J4|V|3$
Saven
goldengold
Lights, Camera, Action!!!
Brett
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Brett

Brett

Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire Empty
PostSubject: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:02 am

http://www.mediafire.com/?15amjkwbtft

British Ottoman Portuguese v Iroquois Portuguese Spanish

Not a high-skill game, posted on request of saven. He wanted an analysis of his play, so here it is: Overall, you did really well. I was impressed with the fact that you took the time to micro your units (considering your rank... it's insanely uncommon to see micromanagement). You should've been able to do decently well in the first fight, but you didn't, so I'd work on microing your first fight.

You should also work on pulling your cannons back while they're being attacked by cavalry. Then just micro your goons to down the cavalry chasing them. It helps to conserve resources spent on cannons in an environment like that. But, overall it's really hard for me to critique you hard, I'd just say keep practicing and playing. You've got all the core essentials there, and if you keep at it you can definitely improve quite a lot and become a solid all-around player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 5:55 am

You did great for a 2nd lt.

Honestly you had a lot of concepts down that many players still do not have. I was impressed with the fact that you kept art out at all times and had culvs out to protect your organs. You could work on your culv micro, but that comes with practice.

Also don't be afraid to use hussars to block other cav instead of just using goons to shoot them. It wouldnt be a bad idea to make a few hussars vs lancers and have goons shoot them from behind. The point is to just block the lancers.

Also when you seige into a base, knock down a large part of the front wall. You'll never get in by blowing up a small section, which will jsut form a choke for you to get murdered inside of. So just take some time to make a large hole, then proceed inwards.

We need to work on your boom also. I would recommend taking out the wood card.

I also would take out stonemasons and substitute infinite 10 muskets. I'm not sure why a lot of ports don't use it, but its great. It's 1k free resources as compared to just a 300 coin crate.

Anyway keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
goldengold

goldengold

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:55 am

I'll share a good micro tip with everyone.

Got the concept from. Anyway, when a group of cav is coming to a group of artiallry, let say 4. If you know you wont be able to kill all the cav before they reach the canon, what you do is you move one canon forward making the cav go for that canon and move the other 3 back. Works for me every time Smile
Back to top Go down
Saven

Saven

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:53 am

Thanks for the tips, and I usually never do well first fight because I'm focused on building the forward base, natives, and a wall... somewhere... and Kerk I usually do make a large whole in the walls but this time I was attack both dread's walls and that ebo guy. Although I don't know how to work on my boom because I was quite amazed I actually hit 2k for once... And I use stonemasons usually before the 40 mins so that I can build my forward super quick, I'll take out the wood card though. Thanks for all the other tips Smile
Back to top Go down
J4|V|3$

J4|V|3$

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:47 pm

this game made me facepalm so many times, although im glad to see the 2nd lieut was somewhat competant.

ebo.....ebo... im sorry man but i dont know how to help u

from what i caught of kerk v dreadloc, kerk's germany play was a little annoying to watch, but dread rly should have steamrolled him with iros+nats. hell he could have made a pure mantlet/huaminca army and won lol
Back to top Go down
J4|V|3$

J4|V|3$

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:53 pm

oh and 1 tip for saven: when your opponent makes mistakes take advantage of them. like when ebo lets his army just run all over its easy to kill his important stuff like cannons/skirms with cav or even kill missionaries if hes not gonna get them all into a group. spain really cant fight in 2 places so if he lets his army split up just run in and kill it all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
_spunk_

_spunk_

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:54 pm

J4|V|3$ wrote:
this game made me facepalm so many times, although im glad to see the 2nd lieut was somewhat competant.

ebo.....ebo... im sorry man but i dont know how to help u

from what i caught of kerk v dreadloc, kerk's germany play was a little annoying to watch, but dread rly should have steamrolled him with iros+nats. hell he could have made a pure mantlet/huaminca army and won lol

kerk playing a diff civ Surprised he must of known it was an easy win
Back to top Go down
Saven

Saven

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Kerk switched to german when Brett made the game unrated. And ok thanks James.
Back to top Go down
goldengold

goldengold

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Saven wrote:

yeap, bretts always been a point whore.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Dreadloc
Admin
Dr. Dreadloc

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 5:56 pm

not like im familar with iroq yet , besides they train so damn slow.
Back to top Go down
https://trt-aoe3-clan.forumotion.com
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:13 pm

goldengold wrote:
Saven wrote:

I made it unrated because with me + Kerk teaming it would be horribly unfair. I didn't feel the need to get points for a game which couldn't be made fair.
Back to top Go down
goldengold

goldengold

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:22 pm

Brett wrote:
goldengold wrote:
Saven wrote:

I made it unrated because with me + Kerk teaming it would be horribly unfair. I didn't feel the need to get points for a game which couldn't be made fair.

You and kerk teaming would be unfair, for your side casue you both suck lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Saven

Saven

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 8:13 pm

goldengold wrote:
Brett wrote:
goldengold wrote:
Saven wrote:

You and kerk teaming would be unfair, for your side casue you both suck lol! lol!
If they suck, where does that put you? Terrible?
Back to top Go down
_spunk_

_spunk_

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 8:46 pm

Saven wrote:
goldengold wrote:
Brett wrote:
goldengold wrote:
Saven wrote:

If they suck, where does that put you? Terrible?

nope....... he's a really good player just he has some crap games now and then so peeps dont think as him as a top player when really he is
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Goldielocks is fine, we just bullshit him a fuckton.
Back to top Go down
J4|V|3$

J4|V|3$

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:49 pm

he does do some stupid shit sometimes tho lol, like when he lost to iangel(a first lieut) in a german mirror. but goldengay rly isnt bad. although he is very gay
Back to top Go down
savorybeef

savorybeef

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:43 am

yea hes kinda the newest good player, so he gets hazed until the next pledge class arrives
Back to top Go down
goldengold

goldengold

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:56 am

LAdies. no need to flatter me Razz Razz I love you
Back to top Go down
Firom

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:11 pm

J4|V|3$ wrote:
he does do some stupid shit sometimes tho lol, like when he lost to iangel(a first lieut) in a german mirror. but goldengay rly isnt bad. although he is very gay
If I were you, I'd stop bashing on iangel, he's stronger than you.
Back to top Go down
Manfred

Manfred

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:38 pm

u talking about new good player...he should prove vs real opponents...dread isnt that good (nothing personal) , the other guys...uuh never heard of...
Back to top Go down
Saven

Saven

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:17 pm

And who are you?
Back to top Go down
_spunk_

_spunk_

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:24 pm

Saven wrote:
And who are you?

good question i dont no either Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:35 pm

scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire   Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire Empty

Back to top Go down

Kerk Brett Saven v Dreadloc Redemption Pessum_Ire
Page 1 of 1