The TRT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kerkumus vs Finderson

Go down 
+4
Brett
Knight_br
Tom
Sanderson_FIN
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sanderson_FIN

Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 7:33 am

Brett wrote:
With no food how in God's name are you going to afford 4 native posts? Even redistributing you won't afford that until your food economy bounces back. Your total res count might be higher but without a sane distribution it ain't happening.

You can spam a zillion cannons with nats, but he can make a counter-army and crush it. Spamming nats would then drop your food from 2K to zero and the game would be a dud. An aggressive build is impossible to sustain given those conditions, since ALL your aggressive units cost tons of food.

How can he make a counter-army and crush my army when he hadn't done it earlier in the game when we both had two native posts. Not my first time noticing to be out of food, it's no crisis, takes you about 30 secs to fix it and you then have to play a bit less aggressive for a minute, which is not the end of the world and will lead to no crushing. Had the game gone on, I would've instead of thriving to move forward kept my spot I was happy with, bounced eco back up and then pushed. No rocket science.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:42 am

Brett wrote:
With no food how in God's name are you going to afford 4 native posts? Even redistributing you won't afford that until your food economy bounces back. Your total res count might be higher but without a sane distribution it ain't happening.

You can spam a zillion cannons with nats, but he can make a counter-army and crush it. Spamming nats would then drop your food from 2K to zero and the game would be a dud. An aggressive build is impossible to sustain given those conditions, since ALL your aggressive units cost tons of food.
dude chill out.....your boy lost plain and simple. i acually just got to watch it late last night after the hockey game and the game was a complete drubbing of kerk.

sandersons eco was fine.......he actually uses the inf 2k gold native card to his advatage with the distro he had. the distro he had was completely fine knowing he was going to take kerks natives so fast and not even need to use them for the game. he could have eventually but it never even got there......lol at kerk giving up so easily.

its his fault brett, not yours. relax, shove some programing into your brain and move on like it shouldnt bother you.

nj sandy, showing how being aggresive vs his style will allways win. esspecially when they quit so dam early. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:44 am

Sanderson_FIN wrote:
Brett wrote:

How can he make a counter-army and crush my army when he hadn't done it earlier in the game when we both had two native posts. Not my first time noticing to be out of food, it's no crisis, takes you about 30 secs to fix it and you then have to play a bit less aggressive for a minute, which is not the end of the world and will lead to no crushing. Had the game gone on, I would've instead of thriving to move forward kept my spot I was happy with, bounced eco back up and then pushed. No rocket science.
love it. been using the old rocket science term forever........ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:24 pm

we'll I don't have a lot of English terms in my hands, but I do have that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Sanderson_FIN wrote:
Brett wrote:

Essentially, you're saying that it would change your playstyle. Which is precisely what I've been saying... I'm not saying you had a guaranteed loss or something, I'm saying the tables could've turned. There was no guarantee that you had won, due to your mismanaged economy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:55 am

^^^^are you freakin crazy? there was one point where sandy didnt make units and kerk could have easily did something with that window.......but he did nothing but sit back and wait. by that time sandy had full pop and his natives walking halfway across the map was a bonus for kerk.

no walls=joke

kerk=joke

have to go=joke

not really anything here except sandy laying a whippin on him.
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 8:45 am

uuh box.net is cool, it lets me know every time a file is downloaded... this one has been downloaded... 4 times. not bad I guess
Back to top Go down
San_Antonio

San_Antonio

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 8:48 am

t y San_A

No pb sandy.
Back to top Go down
_spunk_

_spunk_

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 3:32 pm

dont think his 2k food would make a big diff he had cows to eat and could of easily changed over to mills fast enough. i mean if it really got to the the point he needed food he could of just sat back for 1 min and his food would be fine again. i love the musket spammage at start though ^^ where were the cannons?? pffft. i got a game on my old comp me and dan v sandy and cdt from like 2-3 years ago , god u should see that sandy was hardly hitting 2k with brits back then :p ill try upload some time
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 5:10 pm

Yea I've grown to love muskets while playing sup and I loved the start of this game, all those musks : D... If you want to love muskets too I can give you my common brits musk in team games BO it's basically the same every game... lovin' a site where I'm a supremacy authority!!

That old game you have... Ok you might find something funny there, but also you will find the winner of the game : P Shows how much the strats have evolved and I'm glad I didn't get left behind (though phinchen claims other)

buhh you got me going through old screenshots now : D

you didn't lose to a bad team:
http://www.box.net/shared/ftr8c7f2vx

all those names bring back memories Very Happy:D and I have to mention in white's honor that his smurf took over that team rank list later
http://www.box.net/shared/el3jl72ehg
Back to top Go down
_spunk_

_spunk_

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:34 pm

i'll upload sometime , its at more of an embarrassment for me tbh not u ,OMFG i was bad back then. rofl at that second ss u can tell we all lamed OP civs back then and nobody cared
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:31 pm

ah man thats classic. i felt good looking at the pic of the old ladders. dam, still wish we had em for kicks. not for laming.
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 9:15 am

yea elorating.com was pure gold... I guess the new ladders work with same principles but starting to count games from the scratch on a 6-y-old game... imba!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 9:38 am

other ladders? you mean the ingame ones? or is there a site that i dont know about?
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:20 am

http://aoe3.game-server.cc/rating2/
Back to top Go down
carl

carl

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:35 am

I'm looking through the SUP ladders.... 2700+ elo? Was that even possible back in time on the old one, personally I think I've seen 2400-2500 as highest.
Back to top Go down
Tom

Tom

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Professional chess-players have an average ELO of 2400. An average chess-player one of 1700.

So I guess 2700 is a little over the top.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:37 pm

Tom wrote:
Professional chess-players have an average ELO of 2400. An average chess-player one of 1700.

So I guess 2700 is a little over the top.

It depends on the game. For example, Professional AOE2 players have ELOs in excess of 2400 quite regularly. Profesional Starcraft players average around 2300-2500 ELO, depending on who is calculating it. You can't really compare ELO between differing games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kerkumus vs Finderson
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2