The TRT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror

Go down 
+8
BedingBedang
goldengold
Allbinx
carl
savorybeef
sapikles
_spunk_
The_Hollow
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Allbinx

Allbinx

Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:23 pm

i dont know if im comfortable with editing the program files... but it isnt a mod... so, fair by me. nice find hollow
Back to top Go down
The_Hollow

The_Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:34 pm

You don't change program files, in this folder are only personal settings, with you can edit.
Back to top Go down
BedingBedang

BedingBedang

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:36 pm

Hollow, editing config files has always been considered cheating in every games I played on the web.

What other cfg attributes have u modified?
Back to top Go down
The_Hollow

The_Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:41 pm

user.con for an extendet szenario editor
Back to top Go down
savorybeef

savorybeef

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:33 pm

i dont think editing files to get a advantage as good as this is really fair man...
Back to top Go down
JPNC

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:56 pm

Dude, any not standard resource may be consider cheat. This game is for fun so what's the point of winning with an advantage??? In this case the skill and strat are not the main way of playing well.

I hope for the rematch with std files and game configurations...
Back to top Go down
BedingBedang

BedingBedang

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 12:33 am

In a game like Duke Nukem for example, cfg files letted you triple your reach and stamina, etc, and was labeled a hack, as well as for many other games.

It should not be allowed, these are inner modifications of the game, and what else can I change if I decide to put time on it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 8:32 am

well they have an advantage purely on the fact they are doing the forgoten empires mod. the actual peeps who are involved just pass on the info and then all chaos happens. imo seeing more of the map only makes bad comps worse with lag so only good comps shpuld use the mod.

theres lots of bugs and such still that no one even recognizes so deal with it. cough brits cough
all the brit pros here and lowly me finds the "x"factor!
Back to top Go down
_spunk_

_spunk_

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 9:55 am

Buck the System wrote:
well they have an advantage purely on the fact they are doing the forgoten empires mod. the actual peeps who are involved just pass on the info and then all chaos happens. imo seeing more of the map only makes bad comps worse with lag so only good comps shpuld use the mod.

theres lots of bugs and such still that no one even recognizes so deal with it. cough brits cough
all the brit pros here and lowly me finds the "x"factor!

wtf are u talking about seriously.??

changing things in your cfg in other games what are cheat protected would u get u kicked from server's . these guys doing this new mod have obviously found alot of tweaks etc etc to help them with playing this game god knows what else they found. i dont understand what the problem in playing the game how it is.? there always people in every game who try to find out what ever they can to get the edge. as far as im concerned i dont think this "LOS tweak" should be allowed , its a huge advantage for anyone who does'nt no about it. and no doubt this would'nt be allowed if this game was protected from people useing these tweaks
Back to top Go down
The_Hollow

The_Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 10:31 am

You can find it here for example: http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/thread/606141.aspx
no moderator deleted this or said anything against it.
The only files you can find in these folders are YOUR OWN OPTIONS and saved games etc. It has nothing to do with the real game config files.
If it's a cheat, why ES never made a patch to avoid this? And why you don't get a CRC - Mismatch if you you do it?
Back to top Go down
_spunk_

_spunk_

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 11:19 am

maybe it didnt come to there attention untill now.? but its like all game's u can tweak cfg's and the only way to stop this is by using anti cheat to protect from certain commands or by bringing out a patch to stop it , and its not like there gunna waste money on bringing out patche's all the time to stop people like yourself abusing the game . imo it should'nt be allowed u have clear advantage over people who aint got a clue about this or who dont use it . why is it in every game there always people who have to go looking for anything they can so that they have an advantage in playing a game??this game aint cheat protected so u guys could be using anything and we would'nt no about it
Back to top Go down
The_Hollow

The_Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 11:31 am

Look at the link i posted and on the date. You really want to tell me they didn't know it? They made more than one patch since this post, and it's still possible.
Back to top Go down
savorybeef

savorybeef

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 11:57 am

The_Hollow wrote:
Look at the link i posted and on the date. You really want to tell me they didn't know it? They made more than one patch since this post, and it's still possible.

you have to admit its really unfair though, that we had to hear about it from you, after who knows how long you guys have been using it, when it is a big big big advantage, when we dont know what else you guys know, when the details of how you got it are so sketchy, your reason that its allowed is that there hasnt been a patch for it,

srsly though this thing is a huge unfair advantage, im boycotting playing you guys since i dont know what advantages you have in your game files over me
Back to top Go down
James

James

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 5:36 pm

idk about the zoom thing, but i would like to see the fps on the screen. when you say "create a 'user.cfg' there" what do you mean? do you just make a text document?
Back to top Go down
The_Hollow

The_Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 6:10 pm

right. you can create a 'user.txt# and rename it to 'user.cfg' then just write showfps into it to see them.
Back to top Go down
James

James

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 6:14 pm

sweet. ill try that
Back to top Go down
Disco86

Disco86

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Spunk is talking shit again like he always does... the LOS is not increased so shut the ... up
Back to top Go down
_spunk_

_spunk_

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:44 pm

Disco86 wrote:
Spunk is talking shit again like he always does... the LOS is not increased so shut the ... up

fo nazi boy, u guys been found out and your upset about it , jerkoff. its mostly the egrmans in any game who try find any little way they can to get even a tiny advantage
Back to top Go down
James

James

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 5:55 pm

dude alan, a dispute about a computer game is no reason to call someone a Nazi. and i dont think they've been "found out". that implies theyve tried to hide it, when there's a post on age com, GNRC, and hollow linked to it and answered my question directly. he doesn't seem to have any problem with people knowing about it. as for whether or not this should be considered cheating or not, i don't know. i feel like it does give an advantage that not everyone has, but its not really altering game files. its creating a user preference file in the "my games>aoe3" directory, which does NOT contain official game files. it contains recs, saved games, maps, settings, etc.... so its not technically against the rules, but as for how morally sound this is...i still don't know XD
Back to top Go down
savorybeef

savorybeef

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:39 pm

freet0 wrote:
. i feel like it does give an advantage that not everyone has,

that should be nuff said on this topic. double decking was the same idea
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 6:21 am

well it's not like they'd still win
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 7:43 am

savorybeef wrote:
freet0 wrote:

savorybeef wrote:
The_Hollow wrote:

you have to admit its really unfair though, that we had to hear about it from you, after who knows how long you guys have been using it, when it is a big big big advantage, when we dont know what else you guys know, when the details of how you got it are so sketchy, your reason that its allowed is that there hasnt been a patch for it,

srsly though this thing is a huge unfair advantage, im boycotting playing you guys since i dont know what advantages you have in your game files over me

This zoomout isn't that big of deal. I'm not sure why ppl are busting their balls over this. Its easy to do, its in the user settings already. I've used it for a few games to see what the big deal is, and its not one at all.

This isn't even close to double decking. It's not even comparable . If you are worried about what else they are doing in the game files, it can't be much. They can't alter any resources or unit settings without the game being a CRC mismatch. If they decide to alter the files while the game is going on, it will OOS.

This issue has been oversensationalized as if this zoom has been this OP thing and anyone who has it will start playing like Sanderson on his best day. Go ahead and try it. You'll realize it's not a big deal whatsoever.

The thing that it does help is herding. It becomes easier because you can see the hunts more.

However, there is no point in being zoomed out during the fighting. You can't micro with the zoom out that far, its pointless. I tried it and your culvs just go crazy, its awful trying to micro with it zoomed out like that.

I'm not in anyway saying there is no advantage. But you guys really are making it sound like this is what makes the difference in winning or losing a game. OFC this helps their running style of play. But you ever wonder why their micro isn't exactly the best? BC you cant micro when you are zoomed out like that !!!!!!!!! Let them run. Who cares.

I have the building rotator mod. I have an advantage. Does that mean I'm cheating? Does my rotated buildings decide what wins the games? Sure it helps with my baselayout, or should in theory, but if you blame that for a loss you need to come up wtih a better excuse , like your kid was playing and it wasn't you.

It's the same with this. If you don't believe me, try it. Also be sure to tell us how much of an enormous advantage you had over your opponet b/c you could zoom out a little further.
Back to top Go down
carl

carl

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 8:39 am

kerkumus wrote:
savorybeef wrote:
freet0 wrote:

savorybeef wrote:
The_Hollow wrote:

This zoomout isn't that big of deal. I'm not sure why ppl are busting their balls over this. Its easy to do, its in the user settings already. I've used it for a few games to see what the big deal is, and its not one at all.

This isn't even close to double decking. It's not even comparable . If you are worried about what else they are doing in the game files, it can't be much. They can't alter any resources or unit settings without the game being a CRC mismatch. If they decide to alter the files while the game is going on, it will OOS.

This issue has been oversensationalized as if this zoom has been this OP thing and anyone who has it will start playing like Sanderson on his best day. Go ahead and try it. You'll realize it's not a big deal whatsoever.

The thing that it does help is herding. It becomes easier because you can see the hunts more.

However, there is no point in being zoomed out during the fighting. You can't micro with the zoom out that far, its pointless. I tried it and your culvs just go crazy, its awful trying to micro with it zoomed out like that.

I'm not in anyway saying there is no advantage. But you guys really are making it sound like this is what makes the difference in winning or losing a game. OFC this helps their running style of play. But you ever wonder why their micro isn't exactly the best? BC you cant micro when you are zoomed out like that !!!!!!!!! Let them run. Who cares.

I have the building rotator mod. I have an advantage. Does that mean I'm cheating? Does my rotated buildings decide what wins the games? Sure it helps with my baselayout, or should in theory, but if you blame that for a loss you need to come up wtih a better excuse , like your kid was playing and it wasn't you.

It's the same with this. If you don't believe me, try it. Also be sure to tell us how much of an enormous advantage you had over your opponet b/c you could zoom out a little further.

Indead! I've tried "the zoom" as well it doesn't make any differenct in my opinion.. Maybe just maybe during your boom.
Back to top Go down
The_Hollow

The_Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 8:48 am

Exactly. Look at my zoom settings during the fight - i don't see more then you do. Try it out, it's not a big advantage.
Back to top Go down
savorybeef

savorybeef

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 8:59 am

freet0 wrote:

kerkumus wrote:
OFC this helps their running style of play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror   Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alanspunks vs Hollow Spain Mirror
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next