The TRT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thunderchief

Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:43 am

Alright...my ESO name is "Lightorch." This recording is done on Andes with Ottomans against an Expert computer. Yeah, my score will end up being lower against a real opponent, but I wanted to post this to see if anyone wanted to watch it and give their opinions as to how I could do better. Couldn't quite hit 2000, so definitely can improve a lot.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0av2a2vcc9yqm27

Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Saven

Saven

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:18 pm

Don't play ottos, play ports instead Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UofA_RX7

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:38 pm

There are several Otto booms on this site, take a look at some of them.
Back to top Go down
Thunderchief

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:32 am

I don't like Ports lol Razz

And, I think I've looked at a lot of the Otto booms on here (I'll look again), and that was about the best replica I could do. I'll keep working on it and looking for more recordings.

Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Storm_

Storm_

Location : Let's just say... my feet are covering "This is not a step!"

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:51 pm

ya youre doing something wrong if you cant hit 2000.

Notice most people send wood trade around 12:00-12:30 minutes left of treaty.
Are you getting timely market upgrades? Hunting dogs early to age up
Placer mines once you start aging
And i think wood upgrade once you start aging fortress and send all vils to wood

are you getting TC's up asap? you will need to send ALL vils to wood while youre aging to fortress to make TC's, and use 400 wood from aging colonial for TC's as well.

Never ever get housed as otto... or forget to research church techs. its easy to do and ruins your boom.

I leave all vils on wood that were gathering for TC's until ive bought all the church upgrades for vil speed, and my food+gold market upgrades.

Dont use noob cards.

My card order
Gold Trickle
Eco Theory
Refrigriation
Coin mint
factory
factory
mill card
plant card
Wood Trade
Back to top Go down
Thunderchief

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:41 pm

My trade for that one was around 11:30. I didn't get hunting dogs or placer mines until already going to third, because I would have to take some villagers off of food or coin to put on lumber...should I have done that?

Most everything else I did like you said: TC's yes, occasionally I have miss a church tech or get housed so I need to work on that (don't remember for this game), I finished the food and gold market upgrades right after the church upgrades in fortress yes, and my card order was exactly the same.

So, it must be either earlier hunting dogs & placer mines, or 'maybe' I forgot a church tech and that slowed me down.

One thing I just realized that I shouldn't have done is researching Mercantilism before aging to 5th. Otherwise, I'm not quite sure where is it that I'm going wrong.

I really appreciate the help!
Back to top Go down
Storm_

Storm_

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:15 pm

maybe UofA or BB will tell you different, they OP otto boomers, but i would DEFINATELY get hunting dogs before youre aging up to colonial, and placer right away after hitting age up.

Getting map treasures really help out here. You'll prolly find like 50 wood, or 40 gold or something nearby, those make getting market ups really easy.
Back to top Go down
Thunderchief

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:13 am

Alrighty, I gotcha. I'll work on that then. Thank you very much! Smile Now to see if I can get my score higher with your advice.
Back to top Go down
Liberache

Liberache

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:36 am

Storm_ wrote:
maybe UofA or BB will tell you different, they OP otto boomers, but i would DEFINATELY get hunting dogs before youre aging up to colonial, and placer right away after hitting age up.

Getting map treasures really help out here. You'll prolly find like 50 wood, or 40 gold or something nearby, those make getting market ups really easy.
otto is a civ that nearby only spawns the 40xp or 40 gold. the next closest treasure will be 60 food. rarely youll see the 80 wood treasure.

treasure drops are similar to the initial food wood gold every civ gets at the start. they are all civ dependant to what you recieve.

then if you go for the opponents treasures you might get a deal but i give them up for better realism.

i have a no fur trade otto recording of 70-8-25. and an old recording here of 50k gold at 40 mins with otto.

you can easily lame the wood trade and score 2200 if you prefer. i tend to keep it simple, and not ridiculous with 100 vills on food.
Back to top Go down
Storm_

Storm_

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:01 am

Liberache wrote:
Storm_ wrote:

otto is a civ that nearby only spawns the 40xp or 40 gold. the next closest treasure will be 60 food. rarely youll see the 80 wood treasure.

treasure drops are similar to the initial food wood gold every civ gets at the start. they are all civ dependant to what you recieve.

then if you go for the opponents treasures you might get a deal but i give them up for better realism.

i have a no fur trade otto recording of 70-8-25. and an old recording here of 50k gold at 40 mins with otto.

you can easily lame the wood trade and score 2200 if you prefer. i tend to keep it simple, and not ridiculous with 100 vills on food.
wow thats the first im hearing about that.... makes sense i shoulda picked up on that Razz
is there like a guide somewhere that you know of giving a list for all commom treasures for each civ?
Back to top Go down
Thunderchief

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:56 am

I didn't know that either. With that being said though, does that change the fact about hunting dogs so early? Because, I would have to pull villagers off food and put them on lumber for a market, slowing down my aging.

Thank you very much Liberache! Smile But honestly, I prefer wood trading because I tend to go through lots of wood in a game. I've started off with about 20k-25k wood at the end of a treaty and still run out before the game is over.
Back to top Go down
Storm_

Storm_

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:25 pm

well
otto typically start with 300-400 wood yes?

300 start:
so thats 100 for church
100 for market
100 for vil train tech from church
explorer gets treasures, then
vils gather whatever you need for 50 wood and 50 gold. not too bad and its worth it for how much time ur spending on food.
then jsut gather 100 wood for a hosue after you start aging

400 start:
100 church
100 church tech
100 market
50/100 for hunting dogs, with 50/100 saved up for after you start aging for a house.

i would still get the market tech, but again thats me... i get 2k-2.1k but im still not best
Back to top Go down
Thunderchief

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 12:33 am

Hmm...alrighty. I'll work on that and see how I do. You're right, I'm sure.

Just thinking about it, seems like a house should come first, but you know what you're doing lol. I'll take your advice and get better. Smile I need to start playing more on Andes to get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Storm_

Storm_

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 12:43 am

ya the house thing is new in my boom.
I just realized last time i boomed that when you start aging up, you only have like 8 vils... maybe nine. Plenty of time to gather wood for house, so might as well use the wood early on the church tech or a market
Back to top Go down
Thunderchief

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:40 am

Really? Only 8 or 9? Hadn't even noticed that. If that's the case, then I see why you say get hunting dogs early. I'm trying to get a game now, I'll try that this time around and see how it goes. Makes sense! Thank you!

After this one, I need to perfect my British and Sioux booms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?   Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lightorch Ottoman - Opinions?
Page 1 of 1