The TRT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let Us Talk About Germany!!!

Go down 
+8
Dr. Dreadloc
_spunk_
Firom
sapikles
I.LOVE.GIRLS.GIRLS.GIRLS
ivanteran
Tom
dutchmaina_cl
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sapikles

sapikles

Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 2:42 pm

I.LOVE.GIRLS.GIRLS.GIRLS wrote:
naw quite the opposite actually, came up outta the ghetto to canada..right buzz.

and WOW buzz, you must be seeniale!!!! do you not remember the whole Ivan hacking my account thing?? he got kicked out of TRT when allbinx found it again....

and for your information, i actually passed math with a good 51% !

hahahaha was fun to make u get pissed lol!
Back to top Go down
I.LOVE.GIRLS.GIRLS.GIRLS

I.LOVE.GIRLS.GIRLS.GIRLS

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 3:34 pm

it was fun when stenio1212 stole ALL of yours n wigs' accounts too! listening to you BEG to have them back XD
Back to top Go down
sapikles

sapikles

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 5:37 pm

I.LOVE.GIRLS.GIRLS.GIRLS wrote:
it was fun when stenio1212 stole ALL of yours n wigs' accounts too! listening to you BEG to have them back XD

lol not my accounts
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:33 pm

_spunk_ wrote:
and do u really think the masses are gunna start copying new strats i kinda doubt it. my strats aint thr best but i no i aitn gunna start copying everyone else strats just so i can have 50-100 more points , im all about the fighting

I often drop what I consider "unneeded" booming cards for a more militaristic style of play, such as the Coin Trickle with Otto/Spain, Wood cards with Port (I haven't used those in centuries), etc.

I value the strength of a civilisations army more than 50 points in a boom, because if I dominate the first fight and can jump on you before you're prepared because of that, it can win me the game way faster than 50 points in score.
Back to top Go down
sapikles

sapikles

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:14 pm

lets give some % to the things that really matters in a tr game

30% boom
20% base
50% fighting

i am possible wrong but anyidea?
Back to top Go down
James

James

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm

seems reasonable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:52 am

sapikles wrote:
lets give some % to the things that really matters in a tr game

30% boom
20% base
50% fighting

i am possible wrong but anyidea?
absolutely you are off.

every civ for the most part has the same units, + or - a couple of unique ones.

the actuall boom for every civ is done slightly dif and for most others drasticly dif.

the fighting is all the same xcept for movement and traintimes. hmmm an epiphany!

call it what you want but i wont put % on it. the so called fighters,boomers, and artists will allhave an opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:53 am

i added artist for sandy and his walling lol!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:42 am

Saying that 50% of treaty playing is in your fighting isn't that off, your decisions in fighting affect the out-come of the game more than any other decisions, while truly horrible booms can hurt a team, at high ranks it's more often that you get maybe a 100 point difference in boom between players even when they do bad, base layout affects your ability to defend well, but doesn't explicitly determine a game, Sanderson is a prime example.

Sanderson, Alan, Dan, Ivan, Kerk, Myself and pretty much all of the other top players place the most emphasis on combat, specifically micro, strategy and teamwork (with Kerk and me, macro too, we're obsessive about keeping balanced economies for our needs, etc), because of this we usually fair better in fighting than we do in booming (although we're still fairly good boomers), for example Kerk only does around 2200-2300 with British now because he doesn't wood trade, but he utilizes the additional card he gains to get his army rolling faster, keeping him up and on top of his opponent.

I know for a fact Me, Sanderson, Ivan, Alan and Dan apply similar thoughts to our play styles, we view combat as the main thing that decides a game. Each of us have our own distinctive styles:

Sanderson is flexible, differing styles for different civilisations.
Ivan is similar but prefers melee civilisations from my experience.
Alan and Dan are near clones of each other and fight very similar, adaptable but tend to prefer infantry/cavalry combat.
Me and Kerk are meat and cannon players, we love artillery warfare, so we need a solid meat shield to cover a large artillery base.

The thing is though we all are pretty good at our respective styles, we don't usually win games on our economy, we win on our army and fighting.

Just my long 2 cent opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:27 am

Brett wrote:

Sanderson is flexible

Mmm... stretches..
Back to top Go down
Firom

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:01 am

dan?
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:42 am

EddieG/Sozmeboy.
Back to top Go down
Firom

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 3:13 pm

ah
Back to top Go down
Clown

Clown

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 5:11 am

who is girls girls girls What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 10:08 am

Brett wrote:
Saying that 50% of treaty playing is in your fighting isn't that off, your decisions in fighting affect the out-come of the game more than any other decisions, while truly horrible booms can hurt a team, at high ranks it's more often that you get maybe a 100 point difference in boom between players even when they do bad, base layout affects your ability to defend well, but doesn't explicitly determine a game, Sanderson is a prime example.

Sanderson, Alan, Dan, Ivan, Kerk, Myself and pretty much all of the other top players place the most emphasis on combat, specifically micro, strategy and teamwork (with Kerk and me, macro too, we're obsessive about keeping balanced economies for our needs, etc), because of this we usually fair better in fighting than we do in booming (although we're still fairly good boomers), for example Kerk only does around 2200-2300 with British now because he doesn't wood trade, but he utilizes the additional card he gains to get his army rolling faster, keeping him up and on top of his opponent.

I know for a fact Me, Sanderson, Ivan, Alan and Dan apply similar thoughts to our play styles, we view combat as the main thing that decides a game. Each of us have our own distinctive styles:

Ivan is similar but prefers melee civilisations from my experience.[yea ports is all mele action.Alan and Dan are near clones of each other and fight very similar, adaptable but tend to prefer infantry/cavalry combat.
Me and Kerk are meat and cannon players, we love artillery warfare, so we need a solid meat shield to cover a large artillery base.

The thing is though we all are pretty good at our respective styles, we don't usually win games on our economy, we win on our army and fighting.

i wont debate you on the "boomers" fighters" thingy. nor will i class a player into a catagory, since no single game is the same.
Back to top Go down
_spunk_

_spunk_

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 2:33 pm

Brett wrote:

Ivan is similar but prefers melee civilisations from my experience.
Alan and Dan are near clones of each other and fight very similar, adaptable but tend to prefer infantry/cavalry combat.

i guess him playing games with me for the last 5 years hes kinda copied my style Razz shame he cant copy my headshot pwnage in FPS's
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 4:53 pm

Ivan doesn't really play a whole lot of Ports, it's not like he's SilentNightmare or anything, infact I see him play Spain and Germany more than Ports.

Besides, I stated he's similar to Sanderson but seems to be bias towards melee-style civilisations. That doesn't mean it's all he does..

Also, that's all merely my observations, if those players want to correct me in my analysis from what I've seen from them they're free too, but I'd say it's all pretty basic info on their play styles so...
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 6:23 pm

melee is what all the cool guys do... Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 10:20 am

well german does infact have the best mele unit besides sams. but guess what, x2 pop is fine for the dopple but wheres our musket. german isnt a mele civ. the dopples are used mostly for siege.

imo the best mele civs are otto/jans, india/sepoy. see these units can interchange between the two mades of action. unlike germany who cant.

lets try to mele with skirms, then try to combat the lameness of out popping the german civ with 1 pop units by the opponent is just not fun. especially vs a civ like brits with the range of long bows the dopples are useless except for siege. 3 ww can defend the main area of attack from cav but unless german civ uses movemet they wont win vs head on fight when being totally outranged and trained times.
Back to top Go down
James

James

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:51 pm

what about aztecs lol. 1/2 their units are hand
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let Us Talk About Germany!!!   Let Us Talk About Germany!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let Us Talk About Germany!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2