The TRT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kerkumus vs Finderson

Go down 
+4
Brett
Knight_br
Tom
Sanderson_FIN
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sanderson_FIN

Kerkumus vs Finderson Empty
PostSubject: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:32 am

Brit vs Brit
map Andes

http://www.box.net/shared/z2hn2nebye

Last edited by Sanderson_FIN on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom

Tom

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:00 am

Again no link Sandy? You're losing your touch.
Back to top Go down
Knight_br

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:46 pm

this is the rematch of that old (and epic) britsh mirror?

i cant wait to watch cheers
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:00 pm

can't wait till kerk posts a link
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:15 pm

Kerk says he doesn't have the link, you post it Finderson!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:33 am

where is it? has kerk became humble in a loss or is he sour?
Back to top Go down
carl

carl

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:26 am

Looking forward to watch this game!
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:07 pm

coming soon
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 pm

i have the file now but fileden isn't working... patience
Back to top Go down
goldengold

goldengold

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:16 pm

mediafire.com
Back to top Go down
San_Antonio

San_Antonio

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 6:29 pm

http://www.box.net/files
Back to top Go down
Knight_br

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:54 pm

Sanderson_FIN wrote:
i have the file now but fileden isn't working... patience
only increasing expectations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:44 am

: ( fileden's been so good for me over these years...
yeah been plugging this game for long Very Happy

http://www.box.net/shared/z2hn2nebye

so umm I was watching it as I was checking which record game it was,and it got left on as I was watching the simpsons so I can actually say a few things about the game. first of all the booms. kerk wanted to try something boom-wise, and i didn't have any kind of other game to play so i said 'hey i'll try it too' and so we ended up doing this strat. i started well but should've made sheep like 3 minutes earlier than I did, that was just sleepiness on my part. and then kerk's livestock micro ran over mine but I wasn't even trying : P
at that point we remembered it was rated so we thought let's fight, not expecting anything great but it ended up being a good fight. kerk was pretty excited about me sending cherokee right after yeomen to make a push. well I have to pay back a compliment, he does a mighty fine job not letting you get to his longbows.
Back to top Go down
goldengold

goldengold

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 am

Lol I see what boom kerk tried to do.

You won't ever do one as good as me man!

I even talked to goodspeed, he looked over the boom and even he said that all the calculations were correct and that i hadn't modded anything, I dont even see how its possible for me to mod my HC when i did BOTH boom online on two different accounts.

Brett even said that it was a doable boom. By me that is ofcourse ;=) Kerkumus vs Finderson Icon_cheers

But keep on trying! Kerkumus vs Finderson Lol Kerkumus vs Finderson Icon_rr
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:22 am

well this is what I said to kerk after we compared the end resources to yours: 'he's norwegian'
so was there ever a doubt in my mind? did I play this game to knock you do to a fjord? NO! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
goldengold

goldengold

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:34 am

Sanderson_FIN wrote:
well this is what I said to kerk after we compared the end resources to yours: 'he's norwegian'
so was there ever a doubt in my mind? did I play this game to knock you do to a fjord? NO! Very Happy

Its not like you could! Kerkumus vs Finderson Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:29 pm

fileden has become unstable since the changes they made and i lost everything there. i switched to mediafire.
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Buck the System wrote:
fileden has become unstable since the changes they made and i lost everything there. i switched to mediafire.

it's really intolerable.. they change the look a bit and suddenly all falls.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:21 pm

I saw this game in advance: It's a pretty solid brit mirror. Both players did well, sandy going for a very hard-aggressive style. Kerk was forced to play more defensive as a result.

Fin, no offence, but I don't feel like you watched your eco distribution very well. You drained your food very hard, while Kerk kept his distribution nice and proper. Even if you changed all your vills to food at the end, your eco was in a worse spot than Kerk's. He told me he resigned because he had to go, which I can believe.

Had the game gone on, I feel as though Kerk would have gotten the upper hand again and pushed you back while you scurried to redistrib your economy. During this time, you wouldn't even be able to use natives b/c you had 2K food. You'd drain too hard if you tried to keep hard-aggressing, you have no choice but to switch to a defensive style.

GG to both though.
Back to top Go down
Knight_br

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 7:09 am

kerk will lost anyway... he didnt have walls, which let him much more space to build FBs than sanderson, and still failed to stop sandy´s army. Kerk´s eco is falling much faster too.

good game cheers

Last edited by Knight_br on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:44 am

Brett wrote:
I saw this game in advance: It's a pretty solid brit mirror. Both players did well, sandy going for a very hard-aggressive style. Kerk was forced to play more defensive as a result.

Fin, no offence, but I don't feel like you watched your eco distribution very well. You drained your food very hard, while Kerk kept his distribution nice and proper. Even if you changed all your vills to food at the end, your eco was in a worse spot than Kerk's. He told me he resigned because he had to go, which I can believe.
Had the game gone on, I feel as though Kerk would have gotten the upper hand again and pushed you back while you scurried to redistrib your economy. During this time, you wouldn't even be able to use natives b/c you had 2K food. You'd drain too hard if you tried to keep hard-aggressing, you have no choice but to switch to a defensive style.

GG to both though.
as usual sitting back and then when hes done for says he has to go.

turn the tables man........dont let the aggresor allways be the other player geez.
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:09 am

Brett wrote:

GG to both though.

yeah forgot to mention that, I really really forgot about "resources" and ended up almost always screwing myself up yeah. But he did talk to me like for 5 mins after the game so I don't think he had to go anywhere, and on noticing my resources I could've easily fixed it. takes like 20 secs to build 5 mills with 50 vills. 300 pt difference in score is pretty big to "come back" from.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Sanderson_FIN wrote:
yeah forgot to mention that, I really really forgot about "resources" and ended up almost always screwing myself up yeah. But he did talk to me like for 5 mins after the game so I don't think he had to go anywhere, and on noticing my resources I could've easily fixed it. takes like 20 secs to build 5 mills with 50 vills. 300 pt difference in score is pretty big to "come back" from.

Score doesn't decide games, distribution does. Even if you switch over 50 vills to food, you have 2K. It will drastically alter your playstyle until your food rebounds, which will take time. You can't aggress with a distribution like that and you know it.

I mean, if I have a 3K score, and it's 100% wood with Otto, I can't do shit and I will loose, even if I redistribute my vills 50/50 or whatever.

Knight_br wrote:
kerk will lost anyway... he didnt have walls, which let him much more space to build FBs than sanderson, and still failed to stop sandy´s army. Kerk´s eco is falling much faster too.

good game cheers

Kerk's economy was fine. His distribution was solid, 30Kish food, 20K coin, 2-5Kish wood. Kerk's total resource count wasn't much different, but his distribution was drastically better. Sanderson was going to be peddling on the backfoot for a solid 2 mins, so Kerk could easily get back into it and reassume an aggressive position.

Besides that, you can tell that the decision to fight was a last minute thing. Kerk didn't make walls (at all), built an army he doesn't traditionally use, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Brett wrote:
Sanderson_FIN wrote:

Score doesn't decide games, distribution does. Even if you switch over 50 vills to food, you have 2K. It will drastically alter your playstyle until your food rebounds, which will take time. You can't aggress with a distribution like that and you know it.

I mean, if I have a 3K score, and it's 100% wood with Otto, I can't do shit and I will loose, even if I redistribute my vills 50/50 or whatever.

Knight_br wrote:

good game cheers

Kerk's economy was fine. His distribution was solid, 30Kish food, 20K coin, 2-5Kish wood. Kerk's total resource count wasn't much different, but his distribution was drastically better. Sanderson was going to be peddling on the backfoot for a solid 2 mins, so Kerk could easily get back into it and reassume an aggressive position.

Besides that, you can tell that the decision to fight was a last minute thing. Kerk didn't make walls (at all), built an army he doesn't traditionally use, etc.

I didn't make proper walls either, had free passage at the back of my base. My army was same as his and not my usual either. And that etc also goes for me, too. Total resource count was like 22k? to my advantage when at 40 mins it was slightly to his, what makes you think the trend would not continue? Having a ton of gold still lets you make a proper army of cannons, protected by native warriors from FOUR tribes against his ZERO. He was never going to bounce back from that situation.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:30 pm

With no food how in God's name are you going to afford 4 native posts? Even redistributing you won't afford that until your food economy bounces back. Your total res count might be higher but without a sane distribution it ain't happening.

You can spam a zillion cannons with nats, but he can make a counter-army and crush it. Spamming nats would then drop your food from 2K to zero and the game would be a dud. An aggressive build is impossible to sustain given those conditions, since ALL your aggressive units cost tons of food.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kerkumus vs Finderson   Kerkumus vs Finderson Empty

Back to top Go down

Kerkumus vs Finderson
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The TRT Forum :: Treaty 40 :: 1 versus 1-
Jump to: