HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lights,c
Guest



PostSubject: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:03 pm




Kerk - brits
Erik kire-Spain
Tomo tanker-Port

Uofa-Iro
Alan-brits
Eddie- otto
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: kerk erikkire, tomotanker vs alan eddieg uofa rx   Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:05 pm

http://www.fileden.com/getfile.php?file_path=http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/9/12/2093375/kerk%20erikkire%20tomotanker%20vs%20alan%20eddie%20uofa.age3Yrec


Kerk - brits
Erik kire-Spain
Tomo tanker-Port

Uofa-Iro
Alan-brits
Eddie- otto
Back to top Go down
_spunk_

avatar

Posts : 787
Join date : 2009-07-02
Location : Mighty England

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:11 pm

shame i made an army especially to fight the major general with brits , but insetad theys end spain with native's to fight me pffft . was an ok game but nothing we could do clear civ advantage to them. and someone needs to sort there lag out it's terrible
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:18 pm

_spunk_ wrote:
shame i made an army especially to fight the major general with brits , but insetad theys end spain with native's to fight me pffft . was an ok game but nothing we could do clear civ advantage to them. and someone needs to sort there lag out it's terrible

No need to be sore. And what are you talking about you made an army to fight me and then we sent the SPain on you?
LMAO you and uofa double teamed my first army ! Its not my fault that two of you couldnt take our natives.

And really, if you guys were split up everywhere, dont tell me Erik kires spain is so amazing taht 3 of you couldnt take him?

You called us one civ wonders. Werent you 3 playing with your best civs? Didn't you say before the game BRits are your best?

PS. Nice Job laming those longbows behind your walls : )
Back to top Go down
_spunk_

avatar

Posts : 787
Join date : 2009-07-02
Location : Mighty England

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:31 pm

well did'nt u say spain was gunnabe fighting me.?? u already said that before the game..?? i mean ofc we doubled u at the start i already made me army to fight u ,and i took your army out on my own lol not like the whole of iroq army was fighting u. noone actually tried pushing u at native's so lets not act like u defended 2 from taking your native's . we had to run back to uofa base to stop spain pushing in. but i was impressed by u though. u actually moved from ebhind your walls. and pushed a iroq back with alot less pop then he should of been using cause it was so hard to stop spain from getting in our base . so WD to erik , i think spain was the big factor in that game so hard to stop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
savorybeef

avatar

Posts : 373
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Buffalo NY

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:07 pm

awww i wanna play with erik I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brett

avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2009-06-26
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:18 pm

This game wasn't as exceptionally good as Kerk made it sound: Their teamwork was significantly better this game, as well as their strategy.

The teamwork for Alan, Dan and Caleb was weak, they have 3 people devoting pop to slow Erik down, but could have done that by sending back Dan and Alan. They were in a prime position to take the natives and beat on Tom's base, but stopped halfway through.

The fact that Caleb kept so much pop against Erik while Kerk was (quite effectively) exploiting flanking from every angle on UofA's position in the natives was just saddening, once Erik got beat back enough he should've tried to concentrate on Kerk.

Kerk's constant shelling of Caleb dropped him over 400 points by the end of the game, drained his wood bad and won them the game, as Caleb was effectively screwed at the end.

Dan's decision to split up also cost him quite a bit of resources, Otto army is very pop-inefficient and against Portuguese there's little hope in fighting them with 20 Abus constantly somewhere else, if he was going to split it'd be better to split and attack with Caleb, giving momentum through Mortars.

Such a move would put Kerk in a worse position, force Tomo to reconsider his attack, etc. The lack of teamwork and strategizing doomed the other team, they didn't adapt and change as the situation got worse and worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
erik_kire

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:35 pm

We had so many strategies on our fighting positions, and we needed those natives from the other team otherwise we would have been smoked lol, so i spammed and tried pushing as hard as i could to get into uofa`s base so they would team me like what happened and so my team mates could reach their natives, once we took their natives i fell back because there was no point in still fighting, one other thing that kind of fucked me up was the trade route, i couldnt build a forward base closer because the route was in the way... i have always disagreed with iro fighting where the natives are because their army is so big doesn't fit by the cannons specially with the natives.

Its all about team work Smile if you want to beat someone specially then play them in a 1v1 so simple... You guys did though have a good teaming on me with the abus guns and iro cannons but like bret said, you focused too much helping alan defend that you left your main fight in a complicated situation Very Happy gg!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_spunk_

avatar

Posts : 787
Join date : 2009-07-02
Location : Mighty England

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:05 pm

erik_kire wrote:
We had so many strategies on our fighting positions, and we needed those natives from the other team otherwise we would have been smoked lol, so i spammed and tried pushing as hard as i could to get into uofa`s base so they would team me like what happened and so my team mates could reach their natives, once we took their natives i fell back because there was no point in still fighting, one other thing that kind of fucked me up was the trade route, i couldnt build a forward base closer because the route was in the way... i have always disagreed with iro fighting where the natives are because their army is so big doesn't fit by the cannons specially with the natives.

Its all about team work Smile if you want to beat someone specially then play them in a 1v1 so simple... You guys did though have a good teaming on me with the abus guns and iro cannons but like bret said, you focused too much helping alan defend that you left your main fight in a complicated situation Very Happy gg!

thing is u say they helped to much. ofc they did they had to. there is no way brit can touch spain with 2 native's. our whole stratergy was uofa to fight u and me fight kerk why u think i built that army...... we dont think to much about all this stratergy thing like u boys do all we want is a good fight . what we did was the right thing aint no way u brit can stop spain with natives even if they did have native's themself's there seriosuly OP .so nothign we did there would of made a difference the civ's made the difference thats all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:25 am

_spunk_ wrote:
erik_kire wrote:
We had so many strategies on our fighting positions, and we needed those natives from the other team otherwise we would have been smoked lol, so i spammed and tried pushing as hard as i could to get into uofa`s base so they would team me like what happened and so my team mates could reach their natives, once we took their natives i fell back because there was no point in still fighting, one other thing that kind of fucked me up was the trade route, i couldnt build a forward base closer because the route was in the way... i have always disagreed with iro fighting where the natives are because their army is so big doesn't fit by the cannons specially with the natives.

Its all about team work Smile if you want to beat someone specially then play them in a 1v1 so simple... You guys did though have a good teaming on me with the abus guns and iro cannons but like bret said, you focused too much helping alan defend that you left your main fight in a complicated situation Very Happy gg!

thing is u say they helped to much. ofc they did they had to. there is no way brit can touch spain with 2 native's. our whole stratergy was uofa to fight u and me fight kerk why u think i built that army...... we dont think to much about all this stratergy thing like u boys do all we want is a good fight . what we did was the right thing aint no way u brit can stop spain with natives even if they did have native's themself's there seriosuly OP .so nothign we did there would of made a difference the civ's made the difference thats all.

You're mad b/c I decided to fight iro instead of you? So every game from now on , everyone on both teams must openly discuss what the matchups will be? LMAO!

So all 3 of you were at our natives and still couldn't even take one post before erik had time to break down 5 of your walls... lol



And you're telling me it takes a full brit army , 10 light cannons, and 20 abus, to stop spain with 2 natives? lol


You guys could've won if you wouldn't have devoted so much pop to defend uofa's base.

You keep mentioning Spain with natives, etc etc. You seem to forget that your iroquois had natives as well.....


And you mention your strategy was the "right" thing to do... It wasn't, b/c if you did the right thing you guys wouldve had our natives 2 min after 40 esp. with the 3 of you fighting 2 ppl.
Back to top Go down
birds are shy

avatar

Posts : 117
Join date : 2009-06-28

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:56 am

Iro, well, they blow. I've seen people use the mass cannons well though, no, not allbinx, damn you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tom

avatar

Posts : 235
Join date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:31 am

Was a fun game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:30 pm

iro is op on andes, if they have the correct native set up with the canyons its like ridiculous. only spain and france can beat it head on.

otherwise if flanking is available, you can add in any heavy cav civ and have a chance.
Back to top Go down
Allbinx

avatar

Posts : 200
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 30
Location : NH/USA

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:32 pm

bridarshy wrote:
Iro, well, they blow. I've seen people use the mass cannons well though, no, not allbinx, damn you.

lol i remember that game. really funny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:10 pm

ill get you for that^^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
_spunk_

avatar

Posts : 787
Join date : 2009-07-02
Location : Mighty England

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:40 pm

Lights, Camera, Action! wrote:
_spunk_ wrote:
erik_kire wrote:
We had so many strategies on our fighting positions, and we needed those natives from the other team otherwise we would have been smoked lol, so i spammed and tried pushing as hard as i could to get into uofa`s base so they would team me like what happened and so my team mates could reach their natives, once we took their natives i fell back because there was no point in still fighting, one other thing that kind of fucked me up was the trade route, i couldnt build a forward base closer because the route was in the way... i have always disagreed with iro fighting where the natives are because their army is so big doesn't fit by the cannons specially with the natives.

Its all about team work Smile if you want to beat someone specially then play them in a 1v1 so simple... You guys did though have a good teaming on me with the abus guns and iro cannons but like bret said, you focused too much helping alan defend that you left your main fight in a complicated situation Very Happy gg!

thing is u say they helped to much. ofc they did they had to. there is no way brit can touch spain with 2 native's. our whole stratergy was uofa to fight u and me fight kerk why u think i built that army...... we dont think to much about all this stratergy thing like u boys do all we want is a good fight . what we did was the right thing aint no way u brit can stop spain with natives even if they did have native's themself's there seriosuly OP .so nothign we did there would of made a difference the civ's made the difference thats all.

You're mad b/c I decided to fight iro instead of you? So every game from now on , everyone on both teams must openly discuss what the matchups will be? LMAO!

So all 3 of you were at our natives and still couldn't even take one post before erik had time to break down 5 of your walls... lol



And you're telling me it takes a full brit army , 10 light cannons, and 20 abus, to stop spain with 2 natives? lol


You guys could've won if you wouldn't have devoted so much pop to defend uofa's base.

You keep mentioning Spain with natives, etc etc. You seem to forget that your iroquois had natives as well.....


And you mention your strategy was the "right" thing to do... It wasn't, b/c if you did the right thing you guys wouldve had our natives 2 min after 40 esp. with the 3 of you fighting 2 ppl.



hold up we could of had your natives in 2 mins yer. but at the same time he would of been in our base ..... but like i say im impressed by u moving from your base u did well, and u seriously need to sort your lag out it's terrible
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MeXiCoWiGzZ

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 27
Location : Mexico,DF

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:00 pm

nice game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UofA_RX7



Posts : 174
Join date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:48 pm

I can finally post on this game since I am back home.

This game basically came down to who had the better starting strategy configuration. Alan decided to go all calv for his first army because he though he would be fighting kerk. I was thinking I would be fighting Erik in the native area, but when we saw kerk in the native area it was too late to switch spots for us to change up at the start. Alan had all calv which he knew would do nothing vs a port or spain starting army, so he decided to go after kerks first army.

Alan did most of the killing of the massive amount of cannons kerk had to start with, but in doing this it left no one to defend the bottom of the map letting Erik walk right up to my walls. We could have easily taken all four natives at the start, but we both had to pull back to defend. I deleted a lot of cannons and basically sent my other army to die. So kerk dont act like you acutally stopped both of our armies at first. It's not really a reflection of you but you are not going to stop both of our first starting armies. We would have had natives if not for erik pushing hard and fast on my walls.

Erik did a good job of pushing hard and it made me a bit nervous so I probably spent too much pop defending and too much time trying to use my cannons effectively. Overall this was a horrible thing for me to do with Iro. IMO it is extremely hard to fight in one spot let alone two spots.

I didnt give kerk enough credit, he actually did flank and push on me. I was thinking I could hold him in check as Erik drained. I probably should have had alan switch and fight kerk in the natives and I defend against erik at my walls. We would have been in trouble either way though because of possible wood issues. We were basically screwed at the start when the got extremly good map control of areas with wood.

On a different note I have always stated Iro are not OP, they have too many weaknesses to be a true OP civ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:15 am

team+iro+andes=very strong/op. stop being fur trade happy and play them normal with an average trade and they are just as op cause the amoumt of wood for team spam mantlets/cannons.

just because youd rather get the foood for gold, instead of getting the massive wood needed doesnt mean they are not op.
Back to top Go down
UofA_RX7



Posts : 174
Join date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:40 am

Ummm I did my normal amount of vills on wood this game-->50. I didnt gather quite as much wood as I normally do because I forgot the final wood upgrade from the market (50% faster gather rate) for about 4 min or so I think after I went imp. I still would have had plenty if I was fighting in one place and could properly manage my army. Iro gather gold horrible slow too, they need a big fur trade or they will run out of gold quickly. Cannons cost a lot of gold and so do the native shipments, you have to support those some how.

You obviously dont know how to play Iro. If they only thing you made were cannon and mantlets not only would it be easy to counter that, but you would drain yourself and your team of wood very quickly. They do not make a good civ to split your army up with either. That game I was trying to fight kerk and his full army with about half of my army and a few natives. (if you notice in the game I was only able to have both natives at a few parts of the game because the port mortars kept taking out one of the posts)

Also, if Iro are so damn OP why do more people not use them? why have I never lost to an Iro player? The only reason they are considered OP is because Savory and I became very good with them and no one knew how to stop them without going OP.

In team games here are some civs I think handle Iro quite well that are not OP: brits, germans, otto, spain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:59 am

lol, you sure bout that? besides japan and dutch, iro has the highest percentage of military units on the map at any point in time so i dont see your reasoning. dont come back with "switching the firepit" time taken because thats just a small amount of time.

yes the civs you listed can handle iro slightly only if they have the flanks covered for heavy cav. head on one of those civs beat iro on andes and its spain with natives. otherwise no way.
Back to top Go down
_spunk_

avatar

Posts : 787
Join date : 2009-07-02
Location : Mighty England

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:55 pm

ii've used iroq abit lately and there by far the hardest civ in the game to use. does'nt matter what there unit count is , they take real skill to use compared to other civs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UofA_RX7



Posts : 174
Join date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:10 pm

Buzz please don't try and argue this when you never use this civ. The firepit is not as simple as you make it out to be, if you leave it on earth dance you will never get out your units and never have the attack boost.

They only have a huge army if you can keep the native shipments out and make a lot of natives from tps on the map.

119 vils 225 max pop means 5 extra military pop of normal army if you can keep your army and full pop while fighting which is hard to due based on train times.

If iro army is split and someone is using a lot of calv like they should you will never be able to keep all your pop up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ekinchin



Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Great game as always (high rankers), about the strategy i dont know but about the fight : if Spain vs Brit = Spain win , but in this case Spain have 2 natives support, and Brit still can hold it very good. Still, Alan you r one of the best fighters ! (Tommo Tanker, PeP are too)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goldengold

avatar

Posts : 552
Join date : 2009-07-21
Age : 24
Location : Norway,Stavanger

PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:30 pm

ekinchin wrote:
Great game as always (high rankers), about the strategy i dont know but about the fight : if Spain vs Brit = Spain win , but in this case Spain have 2 natives support, and Brit still can hold it very good. Still, Alan you r one of the best fighters ! (Tommo Tanker, PeP are too)

Hmm, Alanspunk fan boy is here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx   

Back to top Go down
 
kerk erikkire tomo tanker vs alanspunks, eddieg, uofa_rx
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The TRT Forum :: Treaty 40 :: 3 versus 3-
Jump to: