The TRT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Phinchen vs Tom79

Go down 
+9
goldengold
James
Tom
savorybeef
pinkteddy
no rush general
ivanteran
Brett
Phinchen
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Phinchen

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:55 am

Hey!
Phinchen Pr30(german) vs Tom79 Pr29(india)
http://www.file-upload.net/download-1879133/Aufgezeichnete-Spiele-1.age3Yrec.html
Nice game, for a 1v1 a pretty long fight( 35minutes)
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 8:30 am

Will give this a watch and comment later.
Back to top Go down
ivanteran

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:08 pm

interesting game, india vs german, dont forget to mention to put the map, pinchen, gotta watch Wink
Back to top Go down
ivanteran

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:10 pm

i cant download, it says the link its broken Shocked
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:30 pm

Pretty decent game, although the India burned his food like all hell by the native, urumi shipment and tiger spam, which left him with almost no food all game.
Back to top Go down
no rush general

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:23 pm

This game was poor. The players were nothing more than random names to me so I have no bias.
I presume the Germans won, though I didn't see the last 10 minutes.

Indian player

The most aggressive player perhaps but the economy fell over too quickly.

Problems:

• No Mughal architecture - fatal mistake, it is a powerful upgrade for buildings
  • Mansabar ghurka unused - fatal mistake
  • Mansabar sepoy unused - fatal mistake
  • Team medicine in a 1v1 - major mistake, it is no better than normal medicine in 1v1
  • More than 1 infinite shipment - major mistake
  • No rum distillery - minor mistake, coin production is restricted without it

German player

The Germans weren't tested at all, randomly assorted groups of infantry and wagons with the occasional uhlan were more than sufficient. Economy maintained at 109 population.

Problems:

• Unused shipments - fatal mistake, not using all shipments slows your progress
  • Arsenal upgrades not done or seriously delayed - fatal mistake, not upgrading counter rifling etc, prevents units reaching full power
  • Team 2 settler wagons present in a 1v1 - major mistake, this card is useless in a 1v1
  • Not all economic shipments sent during treaty - major mistake, reduces economy, delaying economic upgrades is not recommended
  • Factories not set to wood - major mistake, wood is worth most, wood needed for Incan warriors and buildings
  • Shipment order: Plantation cards sent before mill cards - minor mistake, mills are built first
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:31 pm

no rush general wrote:

Problems:

• No Mughal architecture - fatal mistake, it is a powerful upgrade for buildings
  • Mansabar ghurka unused - fatal mistake
  • Mansabar sepoy unused - fatal mistake
  • Team medicine in a 1v1 - major mistake, it is no better than normal medicine in 1v1
  • More than 1 infinite shipment - major mistake
  • No rum distillery - minor mistake, coin production is restricted without it

Problems:

• Unused shipments - fatal mistake, not using all shipments slows your progress
  • Arsenal upgrades not done or seriously delayed - fatal mistake, not upgrading counter rifling etc, prevents units reaching full power
  • Team 2 settler wagons present in a 1v1 - major mistake, this card is useless in a 1v1
  • Not all economic shipments sent during treaty - major mistake, reduces economy, delaying economic upgrades is not recommended
  • Factories not set to wood - major mistake, wood is worth most, wood needed for Incan warriors and buildings
  • Shipment order: Plantation cards sent before mill cards - minor mistake, mills are built first

Okay, let me give you a few hints here on why some of your "major mistakes" don't mean much.

First and foremost: The germans not having all eco cards out by 40 is NOT A MAJOR MISTAKE, lots of high rank players, including Sanderson_FIN, do/did this in order to increase the German military prowess at 40. This is NOT a mistake, it's INTENTIONAL and makes sense.

I know a lot of lts don't understand this concept, but fighting is 50% of treaty, a better fighter will win an unbalanced match-up by exploiting their vastly superior micro/macro, boosting your military strength at the minor expense of some points at 40 is nothing. It's easy enough to send those cards soon after and get the full economy.

Second, having 2 infinite cards isn't really bad when you can employ both properly, for example me and Kerk are in agreement that the Infinte Rocket AND Infinite Cherokee cards are extremely good cards for British, since being able to send 2 free cannons with 25 skirms is quite strong.

In this particular case, I think the choice of cards was a bad one (Inf. 9 Urumi costs 18 pop, that's a ton with India to be tied up for 45 seconds), not necessarily the idea itself. I employ the same idea of an Infinite Crate shipment with an Infinite unit shipment with Spain, Infinite 300 wood is a nice bit of free resources when you're pushing well and don't want the overpop, 30 holcan is great for a quick burst of power.

Same thing can be done with Portuguese, etc. I see nothing wrong with including say the Infinite 8 Elephant or Infinite 23 Chakram cards with India in addition to the Infinite 1300 Wood.

I do agree that Team 2 SW and Team Medicine were wastes, as well as agreeing that the India desperately needed to utilise his Mansabdar's (yes it's spelt Mansabdar) more.

Also a general note, with Germans it is advisably to use your Factories to boost wood production, in my opinion, but with some civilisations, especially those where you use wood cards, it can actually be more beneficial to put more vills on wood and set factories to coin to compensate, until upgrades are done, because your villagers gather it faster than factories then.
Back to top Go down
Phinchen

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:12 am

@Shipments: it isn´t as easy as with other civs, making shipments, cause the cost population.
yeah, settlerwagon are in deck, because i never play a 1v1 with germans, general i don´t use germans with real account much.
Faktories: I had to cut a lot of wood, and as german u need wood and coins. so i let faktories on coins.
to the mill: i always collect food only with settlerwagon, and the mill cards are only 4 settler and not 4 settlerwagon, so they are useless, i send them only, if i have food problems and i must set settler on food.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:41 am

Phinchen wrote:
to the mill: i always collect food only with settlerwagon, and the mill cards are only 4 settler and not 4 settlerwagon, so they are useless, i send them only, if i have food problems and i must set settler on food.

That's not true, the regular gathering rate cards affect settler wagon too.
Back to top Go down
pinkteddy

pinkteddy

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:04 am

Most of the mill cards affect SW.

@ Phinchen: nur die Kühltechnikkarte wirkt sich nicht für Siedlerwagen aus.

Sorry for german. My english sux.

cu on ESO
PinkTeddy
Back to top Go down
no rush general

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:07 pm

Brett wrote:

Okay, let me give you a few hints here on why some of your "major mistakes" don't mean much.

These arguments seem pointless.

I challenge you to a duel, 12:00 midnight GMT, ony any map, the winner shall decide the truth of it.
Back to top Go down
savorybeef

savorybeef

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:54 pm

no rush general wrote:
Brett wrote:

I challenge you to a duel, 12:00 midnight GMT, ony any map, the winner shall decide the truth of it.

or how about hes right your wrong anyways?
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:46 pm

no rush general wrote:
Brett wrote:

For one, read what beef said above, for two: I have school tomorrow and am not going to bed at friggin 11 so I can get up at 6AM and feel like shit.
Back to top Go down
no rush general

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 2:37 pm

Brett wrote:

For one, read what beef said above, for two: I have school tomorrow and am not going to bed at friggin 11 so I can get up at 6AM and feel like shit.

Excuses, excuses!
You're the yanky, I'm the Brit, my country bends over for yours enough so you should bend over for me.
I can't sleep at all due to anti-depressants, lets call it even. Sleep

Alternatively you could fly over here and we can bash each other to death with our keyboards to settle this. I'm really small so you'd have a good chance.
Back to top Go down
Tom

Tom

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Am I the only one having troubles figuring out whether this is meant sarcastically?
Back to top Go down
no rush general

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:45 pm

Tom wrote:
Am I the only one having troubles figuring out whether this is meant sarcastically?
I'm deadly serious. I'd rather die than bend over backwards for some dumb yankies.

Last edited by no rush general on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Do you guys have recordings with germans besides andes? like painted desert (my fav map) / others? I've just started playing again and the civs i like are germans, dutchies and china (although considered OP O.o) Thnks in advance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
James

James

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:53 pm

wow an attractive girl actually posting here? TRTs getting cool Razz
and here's a rec of a 3v3 on painted desert. i think one of them is German too Very Happy
https://trt-aoe3-clan.forumotion.com/3-versus-3-f76/sanderson-allbinx-pept-vs-joshio-trueplaya-wullf-t86.htm
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:02 pm

Ah yes the classic game of Kerk bailing Sanderson's Germans out Very Happy

Tom wrote:

Same... I am serious though that I have a Saturday class and will not stay up late tonight. It sucks going to class half-asleep.
Back to top Go down
goldengold

goldengold

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Brett wrote:
Ah yes the classic game of Kerk bailing Sanderson's Germans out Very Happy

Tom wrote:

Same... I am serious though that I have a Saturday class and will not stay up late tonight. It sucks going to class half-asleep.

You get used to it... Wink
Back to top Go down
savorybeef

savorybeef

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:49 pm

dddaaammmmmnnnnn ggiiirrrllll I love you
Back to top Go down
LordLukkas

LordLukkas

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:25 pm

savorybeef wrote:

Don't get too excited lads. I think "she" has a boyfriend. Think his name is Hector094. 19
Back to top Go down

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:16 pm

thanks for the vid and no...he's my friend...just smurfing =) wow suddenly people know me better than i do O.o No
Back to top Go down
James

James

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:27 pm

too bad she lives in Mexico/Deutschland. Sad
must be quite a commute
Back to top Go down

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:03 pm

LordLukkas wrote:
savorybeef wrote:

Don't get too excited lads. I think "she" has a boyfriend. Think his name is Hector094. 19

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I know... keep it together guys. You act like you haven't had interactions with a female of any sort in months. : )

Don't be too forward. Gotta relax and make them come to you like True_Playa does it ; )

It's sort of like the first fight in TR40 (but not really). You use your ranged units to sucker in his melee units right into cannons. Just take that advice however you want. Apply it to your culv micro and your future relationships.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phinchen vs Tom79   Phinchen vs Tom79 Empty

Back to top Go down

Phinchen vs Tom79
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next